Count Basie - Count Basie (Vol. I) MP3
|1||–Count Basie Octet||Golden Bullet|
Written-By – Basie, Ebbins
|2||–Count Basie Octet||Song Of The Islands|
Written-By – King
|3||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Ain't It The Truth ?|
Arranged By – Buster HardingWritten-By – Harding
|4||–Count Basie Octet||Tootsie|
Written-By – Basie
|5||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||For The Good Of Your Country|
Arranged By – Don RedmanVocals – Jimmy RushingWritten-By – Basie
|6||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Rambo|
Arranged By – J.J. JohnsonWritten-By – Basie, Johnson
|7||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||High Tide|
Written-By – Basie, Green, Rutherford
|8||–Count Basie Octet||One O'Clock Jump|
Written-By – Basie
|9||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Jump The Blues Away|
Arranged By – Dudley BrooksWritten-By – Lewis
|10||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Tickle Toe|
Arranged By – Andy GibsonWritten-By – Young
|11||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||It's Sand, Man !|
Written-By – Lewis
|12||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Stay Cool|
Arranged By – Dickie WellsWritten-By – Basie, Wells
|13||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Broadway|
Arranged By – Henri WoodeWritten-By – Woode, McRae
|14||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Stay On It|
Arranged By – Tadd DameronWritten-By – Dameron
|15||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Queer Street|
Arranged By – Jimmy MundyWritten-By – Basie, Mundy
|16||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie|
Arranged By – Jimmy MundyWritten-By – MacDonald, Rose, Meyer
|17||–Count Basie And His Orchestra||Harvard Blues|
Arranged By – Tab SmithVocals – Jimmy RushingWritten-By – Basie, Frazier, Smith
|COL 467143 2||Count Basie|| Count Basie (Vol.1) (CD, Comp)||Columbia||COL 467143 2||France||1993|
|CBS 4671434||Count Basie|| The Essential Count Basie (Cass, Comp)||CBS||CBS 4671434||Europe||1994|
- Alto Saxophone – Caughey Roberts (tracks: A6 to A8), Earl Warren (tracks: A1 to A8), George Dorsey (tracks: A9, B1), Jimmy Powell (tracks: B2, B3), Preston Love (tracks: A9 to B4), Rudy Rutherford (tracks: B4)
- Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Jack Washington (tracks: A1, A2)
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Tab Smith (tracks: A3 to A5)
- Baritone Saxophone – Jack Washington (tracks: A3 to A8, B4), Rudy Rutherford (tracks: B6 to B8), Serge Chaloff (tracks: B5)
- Bass – Jimmy Lewis (tracks: B5 to B8), Rodney Richardson (tracks: A9 to B3), Walter Page (tracks: A1 to A8, B4)
- Clarinet – Buddy DeFranco (tracks: B5 to B8)
- Clarinet, Baritone Saxophone – Rudy Rutherford (tracks: A9 to B3)
- Compiled By [Sélection Musicale] – Henri Renaud
- Drums – Buddy Rich (tracks: B5), Gus Johnson (tracks: B6 to B8), Jo Jones (tracks: A1 to A8, B2 to B4), Shadow Wilson (tracks: A9, B1)
- Guitar – Freddie Green
- Photography By – James Kriegsmann
- Piano – Count Basie
- Tenor Saxophone – Buddy Tate (tracks: A1 to B4), Charlie Rouse (tracks: B5), Don Byas (tracks: A4 to A8), Illinois Jacquet (tracks: A9 to B4), Lester Young (tracks: A1 to A3), Wardell Gray (tracks: B6 to B8)
- Trombone – Benny Morton (tracks: A1 to A3), Dan Minor (tracks: A1, A4), Dickie Wells (tracks: A1 to B1), Ed Cuffee (tracks: A4), Eli Robinson (tracks: A5 to B4), George Matthews (tracks: B2 to B4), J.J. Johnson (tracks: A9 to B4), Robert Scott (tracks: A5 to A8), Ted Donnelly (tracks: A9 to B4), Vic Dickenson (tracks: A2, A3)
- Trumpet – Al Killian (tracks: A2 to A8), Buck Clayton (tracks: A1 to A8), Clark Terry (tracks: B5 to B8), Ed Lewis (tracks: A1 to B1), Emmet Berry (tracks: A9 to B4), Snooky Young (tracks: A9, B1, B4), Harry Edison (tracks: A1 to B3), Joe Newman (tracks: B2 to B4), Shad Collins (tracks: A1)
Recorded New York, August 4, 1939 (A1), March 19, 1940 (A2), November 19, 1940 (A3), January 28, 1941 (A4), November 17, 1941 (A5).
Recorded Hollywood July 27, 1942 (A6 to A8), October 9, 1942 (A9, B1).
Recorded New York, February 4, 1946 (B2, B3), July 31, 1946 (B4), May 16, 1950 (B5), November 2, 1950 (B6, B7), November 3, 1950 (B8).
Jimmy Rushing stated as vocalist from track A5 to B2, but he sings only on tracks A5 and A8.
Ann Moore stated as vocalist on track A9 but she does not sing on this track.
℗ Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
CN 1993 Sony Music Entertainment (France) S.A.
© 1994 Sony Music Entertainment (France) S.A.
Made in Holland. Distributed in France by Sony Music.
Uncredited liner notes in French only.
'Essentiel Jazz' on front cover and spine. 'The Essential Count Basie' on tape. 'Cette cassette a déjà été publiée dans la collection "The Essential" ' on back cover.
First label cat. Nr on spine and back cover, second on tape.
Publishers: Warner Bros. Music (A1), Bregman, Vocco & Conn, Inc. (A2, A4 to A6, A8 to B5, B8), Rightsong Music (A3), Regent Music (A7), E.B. Marks Music Corp. (B6), Leo Feist (B7).
- Barcode: 5 099746 714345
- Rights Society: SACEM SACD SDRM SGDL
- Rights Society: BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Price Code (France): CB 431
- Other (Cat. # , on back cover and after tracklist): 14-467143-31
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment (France) S.A.
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music
- Published By – Bregman, Vocco & Conn, Inc.
- Published By – Rightsong Music
- Published By – Regent Music
- Published By – Edward B. Marks Music Corporation
- Published By – Leo Feist
Related to Count Basie - Count Basie (Vol. I)